What is a ‘superfood’? What foods are ‘superfoods’? What effect do they have on the body and society?
The course focuses on the relationship between food, brain and mind:
- What is a superfood? What separates them from functional foods and similar food items
- What molecules contained in superfoods can affect our body?
- How can we critically evaluate superfoods and their role in our diet?
- Are there dangers connected to superfoods intake?
- Can superfoods have a role in special diets?
Who should join the course
Anyone interested in diet, psychology, health and ‘superfoods’.
The course will be available all year round from 2022 onwards.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Explain what the "superfood" label means;
- Describe the role of superfoods and their alternatives in a healthy diet;
- Compare nutritional values of “superfoods” and some of their alternatives;
- Reflect on the social aspects of superfoods production; and
- Describe some mechanisms through which superfoods can be beneficial for our health
How to join the course
This course is available on FutureLearn: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/superfoods-myths-and-truths