Are you the next top innovation team offering radically sustainable products or services in the raw materials sector?
EIT RawMaterials Accelerator comprises three phases (Explore, Build, Grow). There are stage gates between each of the phases, where start-ups need to be approved for entering the next phase. Each phase has specific objectives, process, funding and timeline. The support provided in each Phase consists of both group work, individual coaching as well as anchoring start-ups in their local and national ecosystems while at the same time opening up introductions on a pan-European level to partners of the EIT RawMaterials Innovation Community.
EIT RawMaterials Accelerator introduces start-up teams to potential customers from the EIT RawMaterials partner network willing to adopt innovations. The programme connects local and national ecosystems to the pan-European network of a pilot and test infrastructure facilities as well as potential customers. EIT RawMaterials Accelerator aims to develop start-ups so that they can rapidly become suppliers to, and perhaps future partners of, the EIT RawMaterials network.
- Phase 1 – Explore: 3 months of expert business coaching with a focus on building a proof of concept for your business model and discovering your market niche
- Phase 2 – Build: 6 months, supports your validation of customer needs and verification of business assumptions while identifying criteria for market entry
- Phase 3 – Grow: 6-9 months, tailors your business for launch through market entry, raising financing and expansion of your team
Phase 1 - Explore: Application is open!
This call is for start-ups who consider that they already have an innovative offering (at TRL 4-6) – and who see an opportunity in rapidly developing this offering to the exploration, mining, mineral processing, metal and mineral, steel-making and recycling industries as well as suppliers of equipment and tools to these industries.
Phase 1 is about building proof of concept for the business model in the targeted raw materials market segments. It starts with ideas at TRL 4-6 and aims to find a market niche, to develop a financial model, and to build a business model. Selected start-ups will receive EUR 15 000 as funding to cover their costs for participating in Phase 1 of the EIT RawMaterials Accelerator.
Objectives for Phase 1:
- Identify beachhead market, market size, customer pain
- Identify key value drivers, good margin/product and margin/year, estimate financial needs
- Compose a founding team, identify roles and coming needs for the team
Phase 1 - Explore has a 3-months duration. It starts with a workshop, followed by bi-weekly calls with experts. It ends with a Graduation Day, where the start-ups pitch their idea. Graduation Day is also the stage-gate to Phase 2 in the EIT RawMaterials Accelerator.
Are you ready to accelerate your solution to the market? Apply for the EIT RawMaterials Accelerator programme today!
Would you like to know more about the EIT RawMaterials Accelerator programme? Visited the dedicated page for more.