Three modules planned for this year
Empowering Women Entrepreneurs in Health Innovation (WE Health), a strategic initiative of EIT Health Campus, will offer several activities to encourage and enable the participation of women in health innovation and entrepreneurship activities.
Based on an ideation event in mid-February, and the input of 30 women from all over Europe, the activity partners – IESE Business School in Barcelona, Imperial College London, Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the Technical University Munich – redesigned the 2018 WE Health program to best address the needs of female innovators in the healthcare industry.
This year's plans call for:
- Three different Capacity Building modules, including training, networking and mentoring tailored to the specific needs of women.
- [tweetable]A network of female innovators in the healthcare industry to foster exchange and support[/tweetable] of women entrepreneurship and leadership challenges.
For 2018, the WE Health Capacity Building program is composed of three modules with a different thematic focus area [tweetable]addressing the needs of diverse target groups of women in the healthcare domain[/tweetable]. Participants can select the module that best fits their needs, and are free to attend several modules and learn about the different perspectives. The three-day-long modules will be packed with practical tools and real life experiences. Networking sessions will allow participants to favour interaction and exchange of vision and views with other women driving innovation in healthcare. The program includes elements that specifically address women and are provided by women – through panel discussions and inspirational speakers, and complemented by personalised mentoring and coaching opportunities.
The modules will take place as followed:
- Module 1, 23-25 April 2018 - Stockholm, Sweden: Designed for women in science, research and bio-entrepreneurship with at least three years of work experience who are interested in exploring their entrepreneurial ambitions and inner/outer leadership in health innovation. This module seeks to put women’s entrepreneurial journeys in focus. Application Deadline: 09 Apr 2018
- Module 2, 4-6 June 2018 - Munich, Germany: Designed for women scientists or entrepreneurs who have a business idea in mind or are already working on their own business idea in the field of healthcare, this module addresses the entrepreneurial challenges of women striving to found their own healthcare venture.
- Module 3, 17-19 Sep 2018 - Barcelona, Spain: Designed for female senior executives and innovators in the healthcare sector, this module supports female leaders and innovators in identifying, developing and releasing opportunities, thus generating new sources of value.
Subscribe to the EIT Newsletter to get the best of the EIT Community's news in your inbox once each month.