EIT Climate-KIC’s ClimateLaunchpad, the world’s largest green business ideas competition, is open for applications in over 35 countries.
How it works
- Prospective participants are to consult the EIT Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad calendar, verify the application deadline for their country and follow the instructions to apply.
- A minimum of seven business ideas per country will be selected.
- A two-day national Boot Camp will take place, introducing participants to the competition.
- In the weeks after the Boot Camp, participants will attend six intensive coaching sessions, where partnering experts will help them perfect their pitch, value proposition, business model and more.
- During the National Final, participants will pitch in front of the National Jury. In Africa and India, the top teams from each country will go on to the Regional Finals.
- Winning teams from the National and Regional Finals will compete in the Global Grand Final, where they will pitch in front of leading investors and entrepreneurs, receive valuable feedback, and get the chance to discuss their ideas in more detail during networking sessions.
- The jury will select 16 semi-finalists to go on to compete for one of 10 placements in EIT Climate-KIC’s world-renowned Accelerator programme, as well as for prize money. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final will receive EUR 10 000, the runner up EUR 5 000, and the idea that comes in third place will win EUR 2 500.
What EIT Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad is looking for
Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food supply chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change. As long as it’s in the cleantech domain:
A scientific innovation that uses existing technology to do more with fewer resources, and has a commercial driver
Check out this video from Explania for a thorough explanation of the cleantech space.
Even if your idea is still on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join. Not sure if your idea fits the bill? Contact ClimateLaunchpad.