EIT Food is looking for start-up/scale-up companies that would participate in EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs project to commercialise selected results of Consumer Engagement Labs.
New deadline for applications: 15 October, 3 PM CET
Applications are invited from countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain. More information about the EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs methodology developed by the University of Warsaw is available here. With respect to the present call, EIT Food and University of Warsaw will not provide new information that has not already been included in this call document but can assist potential applicants by explaining the contents of this document (interested applicants are encouraged to contact Magdalena Zatorska, email@example.com)
- Legal persons (informal organisations/unregistered start-up teams are not eligible);
- Date of company registration between the years of 2011 and 2021 (to qualify as a start-up/scale-up);
- Operating in a country targeted by the call;
- Not benefiting from funding offered by other EIT Food programmes in 2021 (beneficiaries who received EIT Food funding in 2020 or earlier are eligible);
- Able to sign a subcontracting agreement with the EIT Food Co-Location Centre North-East and act as a subcontractor in a project funded based on Horizon Europe/EIT modalities (EIT Food partners and Rising Food Stars members are not eligible);
- Possessing knowledge, skills and resources rendering them able to carry out the subcontracted tasks.
Benefits for organisations selected as subcontractors
- Organisations selected as subcontractors will be offered the following benefits in 2021:
- Ability to benefit from the association with EIT Food and the EIT community (as subcontractors in EIT Food activities), and the brands of EIT Food and the EIT;
- Rights to participate in thematic project meetings, organized by EIT Food and its partners (no membership fees will be required from subcontractors; EIT Food will not cover travel costs to attend internal meetings, but organisations designated as subcontractors can use their assigned budgets to cover these costs);
- Rights to promote the association with EIT Food project, commercialise the product(s) developed as outcomes of the Labs process and introduce them to the market;
- Opportunities for networking with EIT Food partners, including opportunities for joint project ideation and involvement in other EIT Food projects;
- Subcontracting agreement with EIT Food Co-Location Centre with net funding as defined in this call document, contingent upon the delivery of contractual tasks. Payments will be linked to compliance with the contractual tasks and deliverables;
- Knowledge and organisational support of EIT Food, its CLCs and partners in the implementation of the activities planned for each subcontractor of the project. Becoming a subcontractor in EIT Food project shall be considered an opportunity to become associated with the community of EIT Food, establish relations with EIT Food partners and become better embedded in their activities, as well as to benefit from results of consumer co-creation processes to develop and commercialise innovative products. Subcontractors will also benefit from the increased visibility in their local innovation ecosystems, strengthening their position on the regional and national levels.